Friday, January 9, 2009

Dallas Clayton.






Dallas Clayton is author of an adorable book entitled An Awesome Book ! I suggest grabbing a copy for a special child in your life or, for yourself so that you can leaf through its pages when you find yourself in need of a quick pick-me-up on a less than stellar day.

Not only that but, he maintains a great blog in which he posts little observances in poetic form. That is what I fell in love with today. Specifically, this little gem, titled Surprising:


A friend turned older today.
Many years older than me.
But maybe many years younger than you.
An age where people say things like
“who’s counting, anyways?”
and have stopped giving you
interesting presents
and instead give you gift certificates
for cheese
or take you out for a meal
at a restaurant you’ve already been to
and you don’t really mind.

To help offset this
I got him a remote controlled helicopter
that you can fly inside your house.

It was shaped like a dragonfly
and named something
that sounded like it was shaped like a dragonfly
with a font on the box
that looked like something
that sounded like it was shaped like a dragonfly.

You should have seen his face.

Elation.

Incredibly sweet, right?
I recommend you follow my example and return daily for other little rays of sunshine


Sunny Side Up!,
Krista

2 comments:

Grumpy but sweet said...

this is a beautiful beautiful book.

Krista said...

I agree my dear!