Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I think by admitting that I feel this way, I come off as a total bitch.

But, this is my blog, for my feelings so, I don't really care.

Why is it that every single one of my very best friends end up getting hitched or, in one case, gets mixed up in an affair with a married woman, at ridiculously young ages and in the process, leave me behind in their dust?
Why can't we just be young, stupid, and carefree for a few years before we all veer into marriage's path?

I'm not going into a lot of detail to protect the privacy of individuals that I care about deeply, despite the fact that I am incredibly disappointed in them and, admittedly, sort of peeved off at them at the moment but, this is the third time in four years that I've basically lost a person who I had previously been led to believe wanted to explore the world with me before we found partners and had babies and lived next to each other in quaint little cul-de-sac's.

I don't mean to be such an awful pessimist but, do you people realize that according to statistics, it isn't even going to work out anyway and then, I'll be the one who has to pick up the pieces and be there when your relationship falls apart..
And, don't worry, I WILL be there because even though I think you're being ridiculous, I still love you with all my heart..

I don't know..

I'm so upset right now and then on top of it all, I'm upset with myself for being upset with this situation because I sound really selfish and self centered, etc. and I'm not that way at all. I'm honestly not that kind of person but, Jesus H. Christ.. why can't we be young for just a few years before we taske responsibility for ourselves and others for the rest of our lives?

Humph.

What's your opinion, insight, criticism towards me, etc.?
All I ask is, please don't judge me harshly. I'm really very nice, I'm just sad and confused right now..

.....,
Krista

1 comment:

Richard said...

People are foolish and irrational.

One of the hardest things to do is to let people be free to live their own lives, particularily when you see others influencing / manipulating them.

Sometimes I think people don't really want to be free, they just like to pretend they are.