Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dorothy's Ruby Slippers, Revisited.

This year, in celebration of the 70th anniversary of The Wizard of Oz, Warner Brothers and Swarovski Crystal have teamed up with some of the most popular fashion designers of today and asked them to create an interpertation of the iconic heel tappers that is all their own.

I adore these, by Oscar De La Renta:


If you are interested, here are the rest.

I absolutely love this film because it brings back so many childhood memories. It was a big occassion for my mother, sister, little brother and I when it would make its yearly Christmas television appearance.
Here's a secret, to this day, the Wicked Witch of the West freaks me the heck out and I make someone else watch this with me for that reason.. I'm 21, yes.
SHUT. UP.

Of course, almost everyone has fond memories that are attatched to this classic. Is there anyone out there that actually does not care for this movie at all?
One of my best friends, who is blogless, cannot stand it and finds it frightening? WTF? My brother-in-law used to say it was too "devilish". I've always found that to be a thing of uproarious hilarity. So anyway, come on, do you NOT LIKE The Wizard of Oz? You can tell me, to each his own.


via .

Sunny Side Up!,
Krista

No comments: