Saturday, July 12, 2008

You have got to be kidding me!

I freaked out this morning when, as I was coughing, hacking really, after being sick for about a week, I began to notice blood in with my well, phlegm. (sorry, I know, nasty!)

Well, my mother and I ran down to a local emergency room and through a series of tests, which included a CAT-Scan of my chest and a lovely little number christened a blood gas, hat little flower right there hurt something awful; in the end, the Cat-Scan showed that I have pneumonia in my right lungs' lower lobe.
The doctor gave me antibiotics and a cough surpressant and I'm all set. All that's left to do is lots of relaxation, which is why I'm not posting an awful lot right now but, cut me some slack, I'll give a little whistle still at least once a day. I do not feel pain, I'm just weak and a bit worn out.

I'll be swell within days, though!


Sunny Side Up!,
Krista

2 comments:

trish said...

Obviously I'm behind in reading my feeds, but I hope you feel better. :D What will you be doing during this "down" time? Reading? Watching tv/movies?

Krista said...

Oh, that's more than understandable dear!

I've been immersing myself in The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova which I'm liking A LOT and I just watched Girl, Interrupted for the first time two nights ago which I liked a lot.