Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Favorite Scenes in Film, Part 1.

Photobucket
Victor/Victoria is the 1982 Blake Edwards effort starring his charming, lovely wife; Dame Julie Andrews as Victoria/Count Victor Grahzinski and Robert Preston as the GAY Parisian Toddy, who takes this lowly wretch off the streets of Paris, turning her into an uber-successful "drag queen." The film also features Lesley Ann Warren portraying Norma and James Garner taking on the role of King Marchand.

There are a slew of incredible scenes including; The Shady Dame from Seville , Le Jazz Hot , or my personal favorite,

You & Me
:


Oh, its also endlessly quotable with such gems as;

Norma: I think that the right woman could reform you.
Toddy: You know, I think that the right woman could reform you, too.

King Marchand: I just find it hard to believe that you're a man.
Victoria: Because you found me attractive as a woman?
King Marchand: Yes, as a matter of fact.
Victoria: That happens frequently.
King Marchand: Not to me.
Victoria: Just proves the old adage: "There's a first time for everything."
King Marchand: I don't think so.
Victoria: But you're not a hundred per cent sure?
King Marchand: Practically.
Victoria: Ah, but to a man like you, someone who believes he could never, under any circumstances find another man attractive, the margin between "practically" and "for sure" must be as wide as the Grand Canyon.

King Marchand: If you were a man, I'd knock your block off.
Victoria: And prove that *you're* a man?
King Marchand: That's a woman's argument.
Victoria: Your problem, Mr. Marchand, is that you're preoccupied with stereotypes. I think it's as simple as you're one kind of man, I'm another.
King Marchand: And what kind are you?
Victoria: One that doesn't have to prove it. To myself, or anyone.



Quite a switch from Mary Poppins , isn't it?

This movie just happens to be on Krista's Top 10 Favorite Films of All Time so, if you haven't seen this campy yet elegant masterpiece in all its glory, I highly suggest you do, my dears.


EXACT quotes via.

Sunny Side Up!,
Krista

No comments: